Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hey Everyone!!!

How is everyone doing? I know, it is like a month in between my posts. I don't want to be a once a month blogger...it has just gone that way lately.

I thought I was finished with the hotel life. Apparently, I'm am pulling a one nighter back in this particular Elk City hotel. The good news is I'm not working at Sayre...a little place that I'd love to forget. I spent 7 weeks straight in this hotel while working at that place and hated every second. Tonight I am here for one night while helping at in Butler, which is about 25 miles from here...but this is the about as close as you can get to a hotel. haha!

There is nothing I hate more than being away from my wife overnight. I know she gets a little better sleep, so she doesn't mind it every now and then. She gets tired of it after a couple days, too. I mean, she likes the help around the house, too. I just can't sleep at all if she is not beside me. I will be awake half the night...sleep a little, wake up, etc. The falling asleep is the most difficult. How did I make it 25 years, I don't know. haha! Again, I am so happy it is only for one night...I can't complain. I think about military and so many people go for long periods of time apart. My heart goes out to them!

I have been reading something interesting from Craig Groeschel (our Senior Pastor at LifeChurch) about the future of churches in the next 10 to 20 years. It is his theory on the "future church"...some of you may have seen this already. I will be sharing some of that with you over the next couple days...stay tuned!

1 comment:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I miss you, too. Glad you're blogging.