Monday, July 14, 2008

Christians Today...

I was just thinking about talking/witnessing/just living as Christ would. I have realized that I am not doing my job. Never did I think I was perfect or even really good at it...I have just realized that even my neighbor needs Christ.

Every time I pull up to the house....every time I leave the house, he is always sitting outside in his chair having a beer. He is eager to chat, and I am eager to get inside to the air conditioning. He is eager to help anyone with anything (yard work, cars, repairs, etc)...again, I am eager to get inside to the air conditioning.

No wonder people don't realize they are lacking a Savior...they know I go to church, they know I am a believer, etc...but they see me running inside, instead of serving others and sharing the love of Jesus!

Hopefully, this will serve as a reminder to all of us. We need to do something nice for others, and share the love of Jesus while serving.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Amen, Brother! Our neighbor is a pretty darn good guy and will do anything for anyone...and I have questioned myself lately about who does what for him. I certainly haven't done anything - except for going out of my way (although it has not been a hardship or a burden, but actually rather pleasant) to visit with him more. I guess that's a small step. We all (and I am speaking in collective terms about Christian humanity) need to take that extra step so it can lead us where we need to go. Sometimes it just isn't where we want to go - like inside to the air conditioning.

Robin Meadows said...

Hey! Happy Birthday!!