Thursday, February 19, 2009

At A Desk...I Wish!!

Some people might hear that I am a Computer Tech/Network Maintenance thinking that all I do is just sit at a desk...and THINK that I have a cush job. Well, since I am a "hard worker, that doesn't mind doing anything to help out"...I get to occassionally help out in many different areas. I have spread manure all around a school to fill in ruts that one of the lifts left with the ground being moist. I have pulled so much cable both inside buildings and up on the lift pulling aerial fiber. I have hauled a 100 pound network switch up a garage attic (yes, a school has a network closet in an attic) and carried the old one back down. I have installed numerous networks, and have unboxed/installed 500 computers/monitors in an entire district by myself...just in time for school to start. I have had my shoes literally melt to the roof at a local high school (pulling aerial fiber) because it was over 100 degrees outside. I have been swarmed by a hundred bats, hornets, and even a mouse fall on my head out of a ceiling. Life on the job is fun!

Today was a first for me, I got a crash course on installing burried fiber cabling. Needless to say...I am a little tired this evening!










No comments: