Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunday Adventure!

We got up real early Sunday morning for a Sunday adventure. Some very dear friends, Doug and Marnie...along with several friends, are starting a church in Owasso, OK. It is a city quickly growing and a whopping 70% are unchurched. You can read more about the church and their ministry here.

We left the house at 8am for Owasso, and we arrived about 10 minutes before service started. I have a lot of old friends that are helping start the church, including members of my old band. It was awesome to see them again...I had not seen them since our last performance in Wichita, KS a couple years ago. Jimmy, which played the keyboard and vocals in our band, is the Worship/Connections Minister for the church talked about me coming back up again, and playing the drums next time around. That sounds like so much fun because I haven't played at all the last couple years. It was so nice hanging out awhile with old friends.

After church, we headed to Tulsa to eat at one of our favorite restaurants...Cheddars! We love that place...good food at a great price! One of our friends gave us a nice present of $40 in Cheddar Bucks...it was awesome! I tried to eat expensive, which is pretty tough there...just to order something that I wouldn't normally and all. The food was so good! I hope Norman gets one soon...we hear a rumor that is the case.

After stuffing ourselves, we wanted to take Addy to the Oklahoma Aquarium. We had a good time. Here are some fun pics there...












No comments: