Sunday, February 03, 2008

Tithe Pie

When I was single, and even the first 6 months of marriage, I had never tithed. Every now and then I would give God some scraps...throw a $20 bill in the envelope. I would even throw a few bucks in the offering plate sometimes, you know friends around and all. I never did it as an act of worship or obedience to God. At the first of last year, to say that Liz and I were broke was a complete understatement. The house was about to be foreclosed and cars repossessed, we were definitely at the bottom of the barrel. We did this crazy thing....we gave money away. Really, we just returned to God what is already His. We tried it on our own, obviously that wasn't working. We took a HUGE step of faith and trusted that God would provide. Boy, did he ever. We have not been in the same boat since. We have been blessed beyond measure. We make it every month now...bills paid on time. It is amazing...PLEASE watch this video. It puts it all into perspective.

No comments: