Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend!

We had a mini-vacation for Easter. Some friends of mine asked me to come up to Owasso and play drums on Sunday. My good friend Doug Gregg (you can read his blog from the links to the right), his family, and a launch team (which also consists of several old friends and my old band pals) started a church up in Owasso, OK. This city has soared in numbers over the last few years. The statistics show like 70% of the city is unchurched...which is crazy numbers. Please pray for LifePoint and the city.


We (Liz, Addy, and myself) decided to go up Saturday after a wedding (Liz's cousin) in Choctaw Saturday afternoon. We decided to stay in a hotel for the night, despite numerous offers to be guests for the night. We got to swim at the hotel (indoor pool and hot tub) and just hang out some before band practice. We went by Doug's house, which is next door to where we practiced. We had a blast, and I had some serious nerves going. I was so nervous!!


I had not played the drums (minus some Rock Band on the 360) in 2 years. We got very little practice in before going live...maybe 30 minutes to a hour. It went very smoothly and Liz said everything sounded awesome! Maybe she is trying to make me feel good...but I know she tells me like it is. haha! Afterwards, we all went out to eat. It was a good weekend and lots of fun. I almost left out the 2 hours of setting up the church and 2 hours of tearing down...they meet in the 6th Grade Center there in Owasso. That was fun! They have a desire and passion to make it happen, and I know the Lord will bless that church! If you are ever in that area, please check them out!!!



3 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I tell you when you stink (literally and figuratively), so you can trust I was telling the truth.

How'd you get this pic? I e-mailed Marnie today for it. I was waiting to post my blog about the weekend until I received a pic of you at the drums. I wanted the 'thumbs up' pic, though.

Robin Meadows said...

Hey! We're raising a drummer here out our house. Our youngest, Jacob, 13 has been taking for over 2 years now. He's getting quite good! But it sure is loud at our house!! LOL

Glad you had the opportunity to use your talents again.

Doug said...

You guys did sound awesome!! We loved having you guys with us.Come back anytime...and bring me some Tarahumaras. Did I mention the phrase anytime could also mean next week.