Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Traveling Man...

This is day number two on the road. I have been camped out in Eufaula, OK for two nights while working in Quinton, OK. Let me set this straight...I have driven by the lake numerous times on my commute back and forth...I am so jealous of the people actually enjoying the lake. Pretty much all I have had some time for (other than work and dining, which I'll get to) is some studying done in the hotel...I have a Microsoft test on Monday afternoon (please pray for me!).

One of the benefits of being out of town for business...is (all together) food! Oh wait...maybe that is a something I enjoy and not all of you. The company gives us expense money to eat on, and I enjoy eating. haha! I hate being in new places and eating at food places we have back home. That is something my wife and I have in common...so I know she understands. I want to experience the town/area that I am in...I want to eat what I can only have there.

Tuesday night we drove all the way down to Krebs, OK (near McAlester), which is about 25-30 minutes from Eufaula. Apparently, some Italian immigrants settled there and are quite a few Italian restaurants there. One of them was Pete's Place, which is where we ate and is pretty "well known". If you are ever in that area, you'll have to give it a try. They have been there since 1925. It is like all you can eat Italian cuisine, and you are nestled in your own private dining area in this house (which is huge), and they keep the food coming. Basically, each room in this house is a private dining space...then within your area you can listen to music (or mute it like we did) and you can dim the lights to set the mood (unfortunately, my wife was home and I dined with 3 co-workers instead). If you are into the drinking thing, they have Choc Beer. If you are a non-drinking expert like myself...I had to ask what that meant. It is their home brewed beer, which you can read all about their history on their website (see link above). The food was really good, and I would like to take my wife on a weekend getaway sometime and stop by to eat there with her so she can experience it.

There is also this little diner in downtown Eufaula called J.M.'s, I think. They have an awesome breakfast and just really good food there, too. We had breakfast and dinner there today (Wednesday).

I am just ready to be back home in my own bed. It was nice to have study time, but there is nothing like being home with the family and sleeping in MY bed. Plus, I think I'm allergic to the laundry detergent they wash their sheets in...my legs, feet, and back are real itchy. I will be home tomorrow, so that is definitely a positive. Anybody else ready for the weekend? It seems like it has been a long week.

1 comment:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Is your body REAL itchy? :) You correct my spelling...I must correct your grammar.

Seriously, though. I want to go to that restaurant...and I want you to be home.