Sunday, June 01, 2008

Random Thoughts...


Well, it is that time of year again. Kids are on summer break, schools closed, etc. That means that my job slows down, right? HA! This is the busiest time of year for me. Last week I drove back and forth to Ponca City everyday, and I will be doing the same again this week. Looks like an awesome mileage check coming my way!!!

I have so many jobs lined up this summer, including a $3 million job in Muskogee. I joked with my wife, saying see ya on the weekends. Truth is, I never know what is going to pop up and totally ruin whatever was "planned" for the day. Oh and I can't forget to tell the best part of working in schools during the summer....no air conditioning!!!

A thought of mine. Is it just me or does anybody else wonder how in the world they are going to make it through summer!?!? It is so stinkin' hot already! Last year, it rained so much in June...hopefully that starts, which would keep temperatures down.

We went over to another family's (from church) house on Friday night. Besides being in total awe of their house, I got to play the Wii. I have been wanting one, but after playing it...I REALLy would like one. After telling my dad about it, come to find out he has one on order. Yes!! I guess we will be spending some time during the weekends at their place to play.

For this month, my wife is hosting a women's bible study at our house on Wednesday nights. We have been "trying" to get the house totally clean. It seems we work most of the day, then look around and the house is messier. I don't think it is supposed to work that way. You should see progress...right?

The problem is that we have never been organized, so things don't really have a place. We just hide our "items with no home" in places people can't see. This women's bible study breaks into small groups and will use every room in the house. Uh Oh!! That means cleaning with with a capital C. We have our "to do" lists all planned for the next couple nights, so hopefully everything gets done.

No comments: