Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Christmas Vacation...

No...my vacation didn't rival the Lampoon's. I know that would make for a more interesting story, but it was still a good one.

First, I will let you know just how spoiled I am. Here is what I got:

1. pair of Dr. Martens

2. leather jacket

3. cologne

4. belt

5. RockBand...yes, I actually got the game.

6. Garmin Navigation system....can't believe I got it either.

7. Refrigerator...my parents are buying a new one and giving us their's that is only 2 years old (our's is 20 years old).

The day after Christmas we (Liz, Addy, and myself) joined my parents in traveling to Arizona to visit my niece, sister, and her husband. Unfortunately, we had to drive...long trip. We had a good time, but it is so hard to leave my niece...there were some tears. Here are a few pics at their house...the first one of Addy singing the nativity song, and the second one of Addy and Kayla opening presents.





While we were out there, of course we did some activities. We went to the Arizona Mills outlet mall, and I sure wish we had a mall like that here. We went to the IMAX theater to watch the Polar Express in 3D inside the mall, and while there we sat with the OU and West Virginia coaches' kids during their kid's day out. Here are a couple pics from the mall.






We also went to a place called Goldfield, Arizona...aka Superstition Mountain. That place was so cool. It is an old gold mining town...matter of fact there are still people there all dressed up that live in tents just outside town. Addy and Kayla panned for gold...Liz, Addy, and myself also went down into an old mine underground. It was very neat and interesting...getting to see what it was like. I strongly recommend going there if you are in the Phoenix area. Here are a few pics of that...






1 comment:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

It's cool that we posted at almost the same time...it's also cool that we posted some different pics from the other one...