Friday, January 25, 2008

What's The Plan? - Intro

I tend to be like so many of you just stumbling through my daily life...without a plan. I don't know what is going on one day from the next. My wife is a planner. She absolutely loves lists, if you read her blogs you already knew that. She always wants to know....what's the plan? I say I have no idea, I fly by the seat of my pants....that doesn't sit well with her. If I were telling the truth, I don't like living that way either. Craig Groeschel puts it so well when he says "Everybody ends up somewhere, few people end up somewhere on purpose." We need to have a plan...a vision for all areas of our life.

"Where there is no vision, the people perish" Proverbs 29:18

I kinda think of it like a dart board. All the darts hit the board...some stick, some don't...all over the board. The question is...how many actually hit the bull's eye?

I am going to do a small series on here about a life plan, which I got from LifeChurch. My wife makes fun of me when I copy and paste, so I will use my own words mixed in with some of his. I'm hoping to develop my vision/plan for my family and me...during this series I will evaluate where I currently am and where I/We want to be.

This will be a 6 part series involving Mission/Values, Relationship with God, Relationship with People, Finances, Physical Life, and Work Life.

2 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I forgot to see the dates for my Feb. weddings last night. Shoot! I thought about us going to that Family Vision weekend, if I don't have a wedding at the same time.

Robin Meadows said...

I'm looking forward to reading this! Great that you're doing it.