Saturday, August 11, 2007

Marriage Meme!

My mother in-law, Ann, tagged me for the Marriage Meme. I'm supposed to list EIGHT things about my marriage.

Well, let's see. Liz did this already, too...you can read her's here.


1. We met online. She swears that she messaged me and I blew her off...only a month later I ended up messaging her to chat because she was on my friends list (and I didn't remember her). We found out how much we had in common after talking awhile. We are so much alike, it is crazy!

2. On our first date, I met her at the chapel where she works. I picked her up there and headed to Chili's to eat. After eating, it was so late that there wasn't much else to do. We drove around Midwest City and Choctaw showing places/houses from our past. When I took her back to the chapel to her car, she slammed my hand in her car door. Yikes...I should have saw the spousal abuse that accompanied her at that point. I'm still being beaten, pinched, and bit on a daily basis. ;-)

3. We got married after knowing one another only 3 1/2 months. We were engaged after about 2 months. I proposed to her on Easter of 2006. I made her an Easter basket. I had plastic eggs and spelled out Will You Marry Me? with each word being in an egg. Then I also had a stuffed Easter bunny and tied the engagement ring around it's neck with ribbon. Luckily, she didn't see the ring before opening all the eggs...so after she had all the pieces out I untied the ring from the bunny and got down on one knee. It was pretty cool...at least I thought so!

4. We share the same sense of humor. Some people may not like our sarcasm. We enjoy being able to battle it out...we are both quick witted. It can be fun around here, let me tell ya.

5. We both have the same love of the Lord. At first, we had our church differences. I liked where I was, she liked where she was. The problem was, I wasn't open to change because I was "comfortable". I was in my comfy zone and didn't want to change. Deep down, I knew that I had not been really moved by the Spirit or feeling on fire for God in quite some time. I was just going through the motions. After a ton of time in prayer, I was then open to change. I had been taking it personal when we talked about a change, instead of letting the Lord have His way. Now, I have been going to Life Church for over a year every single week. For the first time in my life (since around the first of the year) we tithe every week, give to missions, volunteer/work during extra services, etc...I am remembering what it was like to serve our God. I can't tell you how awesome the services are...both preaching and music. I have never left LifeChurch without an awesome sermon taken to heart!!

6. We both want lots and lots of kids! The plan is to have a child of our own, then adopt a baby from China, then more and more kids to follow. We joke about us needing a 15 passenger van to haul us around...I hope it comes true, though. I would love to be a large family. I will take as many as I am blessed with! Liz has Addy from a previous marriage, which I care for her as if she were my own. BUT I still don't have my own kid. I can't wait to be there from birth and be "Daddy"! I can't express how excited, ready, and anxious I am...if only Liz felt the same right now. She is excited about it, too...we are just trying to wait another year before trying. Things will be a little more stable.

7. We both share the simpler life idea. We want to live in the country, homeschool, prepare our own meals, little to no television, have a vegetable garden, etc. Currently, we have one of those items...we homeschool. Well, Liz does all the teaching...we don't want me to be doing any teaching, now do we? haha! Hopefully, we will get this house sold in a year or two and be able to have some land.

8. I love the time we have together. Every minute with her is like gold to me. Every night, after Addy goes to bed...that is our time. We talk, watch tv/movies, have our intimate times, etc. Addy stays with her daddy every other weekend...so if Liz doesn't work on that Friday night, we usually have some sort of date night...date nights are awesome! We love getting all dressed up to go out. We both think it is important for us to have our romantic times together...and value the time we share together.

3 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Nice list, babe.

Annie said...

I love how you proposed!

Dena said...

What a fun meme list - that's super fun stuff to know!