Tuesday, August 21, 2007

SuperTech

As many of you know, I have had to stay out of town either all or a portion of the last 4 weeks. Welcome to Sayre, OK. We have been installing a huge intercom/security surveilance/phone system at the school district there.

I won't bore you with all my 4 weeks there. Lots of hard work and sweat sums that all up. I just had something pretty interesting to share that happened this evening.

After leaving the school at 7pm, we headed back to the hotel...we are staying in Elk City. Upon arrival back at the hotel, I pull my laptop out to check emails and all. No internet...I go down to the front desk and the lady said they have been down for awhile and guests are complaining. She said that she called the general manager (which was on the way) and they will contact someone to fix it.

I told the lady that I do this for a living, if she could tell me where the equipment is I would take a look. She gave me the keys and told me where to go. I had it fixed in less than 2 minutes and walked back to the desk....she essentially wanted to know if I couldn't find the room, I told her that it is already fixed. She was astonished that I got it all back up and running so fast. She gave me a pretty good discount on the room every night for the whole week...the bad part is the company is taking care of the room anyway. I don't get anything out of it...other than it was worth it just to get online faster.

That is it today for the adventures of SuperTech...check back for more stories. ;-)

No comments: