Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend Reflection

This was a pretty laid back weekend, for a change...well, as far as working. Most of that is due to the fact that Liz was so sick. Friday night, I drove her to the chapel because she wasn't feeling well. I stayed at her parents' house until she was finished with the wedding...then came to "help" with the candles. She had gotten so much worse during the wedding, that I had to do all the candles/cleanup while she laid on a bench literally shaking. After that, we headed to her parents to stay the night (which ended up being both nights).

Saturday, she woke up still feeling really bad. She insisted on going to work at the weddings, so I took her. I got there in time to help clean up again, trying to get her back to her parents to rest. We didn't do the candles because the evening wedding was supposed to be outside. Well, about 5:30 (Liz is suppposed to be there about 6) I noticed it was pouring rain outside...so I woke Liz up so we could go do candles. We just knew for sure that they would move the wedding inside with the rain. We got to the chapel and flew through the candles...not until we were finished had the rain cleared out and they decided to keep it outside. After the evening wedding, I just had to pick Liz up...with the wedding outside, we didn't have to cleanup the chapel. We went back to the in-laws for another night...finally we checked Liz's temperature...it was like 102.4 or something. We loaded her up with more medicine.

Sunday, Liz was still sick....she didn't get out of bed until around 3:30 in the afternoon. I just lounged around at her parents watching tv. We finally left around 5 or 5:30. While we were there, my mother-in-law (Ann) made me a header. She did such a good job...I love it! I might want to re-do my entire layout...just not sure what I want done. Addy spent the entire weekend with John...he dropped her off at the house late Sunday evening. Then it was pretty much off to bed....except we didn't get much sleep (Liz and myself). I got probably 3-4 hours....Liz maybe got a hour.

That was pretty much our weekend. Since I was up at the in-laws, I didn't get anything done around the house...just lounged around, helping my wife once in awhile. Awesome Fathers Day, I know...hey, it beats working the entire weekend!! Though, that means more will be waiting for me when I get to it.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I thought you had a new header. I love it. Ann did such a good job on Izzy's blog too. Wow, that is terrible that Elizabeth was so ill. I hope she is better this week.
I'm down to 2 cokes per day thanks to your post. I'm going to one a day next week and then hopefully I can just kick them altogether...

Unknown said...

Hope everyone is well soon

My own little world said...

I hope Elizabeth is feeling better!

Love you guys!

Sheila

Annie said...

You know... I've heard Thurman talk about it too and I guess I just wasn't ready to 'listen'... there are so many things to work on you have to take them in baby steps.