Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday's Feast - #1



Appetizer
Tell about a time when you had to be brave.
What does it mean to be brave? It is tough when you have never been in the military, firefighter, police officer, being faced in a life or death situation, or an extremely tough obstacle in life. I can't think of anytime where I had to be "brave" and overcome some huge obstacle. I wouldn't call getting up and speaking in front of a group of people (even if you are extremely uncomfortable doing that, like me) brave, I wouldn't call getting up with my mom and sister to sing a song in front of the church brave, enduring a ride that goes way up in the air when I'm afraid of heights, etc. I can't think of anything that qualifies that word "brave" in my life.

Soup
Which upcoming movie are you excited about seeing?
I don't even know what's coming up. We don't watch tv at all... we watch stuff online (replays on abc) or movies... we never see previews or check out what is coming soon. I do want to see "The Reaping" and "Vacancy" that are at theaters.

Salad
Name an item you try to always have on hand.
I always want to have money on me, but my one item that I want at all times is my cell phone. I don't want to get stranded away from home (even if it is a mile away) without being able to call for help. I travel all over the state for my job, it would really be horrible to get stuck on a highway miles and miles away from anything.

Main Course
Imagine the most relaxing room you can think of. Now describe it!
My bedroom. I just want to be next to my wife. I even enjoy sitting behind her in bed brushing her hair. I love being next to her, that is when I am most relaxed and happy.

Dessert
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being highest), how spiritual or religious are you?
I don't know...7. We are very religious, we love the Lord, we go to church, we try to do right, etc. The only reason I rate myself lower is because I do a horrible job leading the family in spiritual things (bible study/devo, prayer, etc) at home. It seems life is so incredibly busy...work, come home, clean, cook, eat, clean, spend time with family, bed, etc. It is just an excuse, I shouldn't have to "make time" for God...it should be me "making time" for other things. I struggle with this daily! Please pray for me, that I will be the MAN that God wants me to be.

If you are interested in Friday Feast, then go here http://fridaysfeast.com/ . Be sure to leave me a comment, I want to read your answers.

3 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

BRAVE is when you're scared, but you do it anyway. It sounds like you were brave during those times.

Okie Food Traveler said...

I know that is the definition...but I just can't put my "brave" items in the same category (or breath) as when others were truly brave in their actions.

Mz Jackson said...

Your appetizer makes one think differently about the word brave.