Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Weekend - Happy Memorial Day!

It has been a pretty good weekend. Liz had a CPR/First Aid class for DHS (for her in-home daycare), so she had to take off work from the wedding chapel this weekend. It was nice to spend some extra time with her!! Meanwhile, Addy spent Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night with her grandma.

Friday night, Liz and I met my parents, aunt Carol, and my niece Kayla for dinner. Kayla lives with my parents for a couple more weeks...my sister got a job in Arizona and Kayla was finishing out the school year with my parents. Anyway, (back on subject) after dinner they all came over to our house so Liz could cut Kayla's hair. Her hair is so thick and it just wasn't looking good...my wife is so good with hair (better than she gives herself credit for) because it looked amazing! After they left, we were exhausted and ready for bed. We got cleaned up and hit the sack.

Saturday, Liz had to get up early (especially for a Saturday) and head up to OKC for her class. She had a class from 9-5, but it was on the same weekend as an art festival (the building the class was in was right in the middle of the festival). She allowed herself some extra time to park and find the building. While she was at work, I did some shoveling of the dirt (the remains of the landscape removal), cleaned the kitchen, took all the trash out, and did some laundry. I was getting ready to start another project around the house about 2:30 (thinking I still had some time) when Liz called saying they got let out a little early. We were planning on going to my parents' house when she got home, so that was cool that we would get to spend a little extra time out there. It seems like we don't get to spend too much time with them, simply because we are always so stinkin' busy. Liz got here, we took a few minutes to relax and headed out to their place in Blanchard. My parents were cooking us a wonderful meal...they are such spoilers because they let us pick whatever we want to eat. They cooked us a brisket, baked beans, mashed potatoes (for me)/potatoe salad (for them), and rolls....it is soooo good!!! After dinner, we played a game of cards.....Continental Rummy, our favorite game! After cards, we thought we were ready to go....3 hours later after visiting/talking in the living room, we finally made it out of there.

Sunday, we got up and got ready for church. I was so happy and excited because Kayla and my dad were going to LifeChurch with us this morning. We picked my dad up at their church, then went to pick up Kayla (who spent the night at a friend's house), and headed up to church. We had a total of Kayla, my dad, Liz's mom, Liz's dad, Liz's brother, Addy, Liz, and myself...quite the group! After church, I asked both Kayla and my dad what their thoughts were. Kayla really enjoyed her class...I was happy to hear she liked it. I really wasn't sure what all the kids (in that age) did during class. My dad said it was alright, he thought the music was too loud and you couldn't hear the people singing over the instruments. I see that as mixed...people are sometimes worried to truly worship because they are worried what their voice sounds like. After church, my mom and Carol picked up Kayla and dad from church. Addy, Liz, and myself went out to Liz's family's house for a cook-out. The food was so good....I love food cooked on the grill. We finally made home for the evening. We took Addy out to ride on her bicycle for awhile...during which we had a coupel ducks follow us home. We fed them some bread, which I'm sure they loved!

It was a pretty good weekend, and it isn't over yet!! We are all off tomorrow for Memorial Day. We don't really have any plans yet. We will probably go to the park for a little bit, and we will probably also get some work done on the house. We want to get as much done before it gets too freakin' hot! We hate the heat! Well, I will let you know what we ended up doing with our extra day off.

No comments: