Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cleaning Day!

Today, Liz and I decided I would stay home while she went to Choctaw. I feel like I got quite a bit accomplished by doing so, too. Here is what got done:

7 loads of laundry (washed, dried, and hung up...including 2 loads of much needed towels folded and put away)

2 loads of dishes in the dishwasher (washed and put away)...plus wiping counters.

Cleaned kitchen table, coffee table, and end table

Picked up most of the living room, master bath, master bedroom, and guest bath (there was still some I didn't get to)

Took 4 loads of trash out

Swept entry, kitchen, master bath floors

Mopped entry and kitchen floors

Vacuumed living and dining room floors

Grilled hot dogs & brats (not a chore, but it still took time this evening)

I'm pretty happy with all that I got done. I wish I could have gotten to Addy's room and the office...but I can't complain. I stopped cleaning by 7pm in order to cook, plus Addy was coming home. I picked up after I put her to bed...just didn't want it to look messy for Liz when she got home. The house is in better shape then when the day started...that is the point of cleaning, right?

No comments: