Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hibdon Tires (A) Plus!

Liz and I have been battling a tire that keeps going flat on the SUV. We found a screw in it and plugged it (with the help of Liz's dad...he is so handy!). Everything was fine, then about 4 days later...flat again. Pretty much every 3-4 days the tire is in dire need of help. I was pretty fed up with it, so today I left the car and took the SUV. I figured during my lunch break I would go to Hibdons to have them look at it. They worked on it for a little over a hour. They cleaned up the spot we plugged and put the tire back together. He put some sort of liquid on there so that there would be bubbles if there was another hole. Sure enough, there was a little spot that you basically could not see....but you could see the bubbles coming from there. The tech fixed that spot up, too. I go inside to pay, just to be told there was NO CHARGE! Awesome! They spent a little over a hour on something to not get paid. From now on, I will be sure they get my business...I just wanted to pass along good service when I see it. Thank you Hibdon!

Another note: While I was there, I heard the lady at the desk and one of the techs talking. Apparently, this customer was wanting new tires for his vehicle. The dealership quoted him like $800. They were talking about dealerships ripping people off...apparently they were saying Hibdons price was $406 and the customer's price would be $509. Even after Hibdon's mark up, it is still way less than the dealership's price. Basically, you might just want to check around before you buy at the dealership.

No comments: