Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tired Of All The Garbage!

As many of you know, Liz and I are trying to start a more frugal lifestyle. I don't want to get caught up in all materialistic garbage this world has to offer. I watched the message below....very, very powerful message regarding finances. My vision is I want to be out of our house by the end of next summer (get a cheap house and work towards our ultimate goal of a house on at least 5 acres), I want to work diligently towards getting things paid off (very limited eating out, take lunch to work, etc) by doing whatever it takes. I want my wife to stay home and take care of the house and kids...while home educating them (nothing else...no daycare, no chapel job). My vision is have everything paid off (except for house and MAYBE one car) by the time we get that house on an acreage. That is MY vision. I am tired of talking about it...I need to be a man of action. The future of my family and my vision is at stake...if we don't get there now, it will be too late.

For those who are in a financial hole...we know what it is like. We had more going out than coming in for the longest time. Remember, it is only for a season...trust the Lord! Matter of fact, Liz and I took a HUGE step of faith while deep in our hole. We gave. What!?!? Yes, you heard it...we gave. We started trusting the Lord and gave to the church and mission work. In the midst of a massive Goliath-like burden...we trusted the Lord and He delivered us. What did we do next...we gave more. I'm not saying this to toot my own horn...I am just offering you hope...hope that only the Lord can provide. He is testing you and your faith in Him...in the midst of it all, are you willing to let go and let God?

Father, I come before you today as a man trusting You. I can do nothing on my own, but I can do all things through Your Son who gives me strength. Lord, help us to keep our eye on the vision and not be distracted by the things this world throws at us. Give us strength to overcome temptation. May I be a man of action and a man who pleases You...may I be a husband and father that is leading my family towards financial release. I am tired of living in bondage...help me take a step of frugal living and overcome it. Thank You for your grace, thank You for your mercy, thank You for loving me! In Jesus name I pray, Amen!


2 comments:

ann said...

Amen! 6)"But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7)So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.
8) And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work." 2 Cor 9:6-8

Okie Food Traveler said...

thanks Mom...those are awesome verses, thanks for sharing!