Monday, July 02, 2007

Weekend Reflection!

Work...yep, that pretty much described it. I guess it really only describes it because it is Monday and the last thing I remember is all the work I did last night. We'll get to that in a few minutes.

Friday...well, I will pretty much have to start with my lunch break, so you will know what I had to unload on Friday evening. Liz was given a whole bunch (and I mean a whole bunch) of free textbooks, workbooks, posters, supplies, etc for homeschooling...the only catch is it had to picked up at noon on Friday. I spent my entire lunch break there and filled the entire SUV floor to ceiling, front seat to back door...there was enough room for me to squeeze in there (and the lady said in a week or two she will have another load ready for me)...not to mention that I loaded this all up in the rain, and the boxes had been sitting outside for a few days in the rain. Friday when I got home after work, I unloaded all of that in the garage. After unloading that, I had to load up a swimming pool/filter we bought last year at a garage sale (we did intend on setting it up...but too much of a hassle, especially with DHS regulations with in-home daycare), so we decided to take it up to the in-laws. After loading that up, I had to go inside and pack our bags to take up to Choctaw...again, Liz had a weekend full of weddings and it is only a few miles away from the in-laws' house. Stayed there Friday night...

Saturday, Liz and I went by a garage sale or two before taking her to the chapel. After I dropped Liz off, I went to pick up Chance, brother in-law, who just got back from a two week trip with a friend. I had to meet Liz after that wedding was over and help her clean up, then we went back to her parents' house. After a little bit, I left back to Norman to help someone move...my absolute favorite thing to do (*sarcasm* haha!). This was the easiest move (for me) because I was only needed to help with one trip...a couch, a queen sized bed, chair, a couple other items that fit in the vehicle). After that, I headed by the house to pick up a few things, a few stores, then I headed back to Choctaw with a stop to pick up some BBQ on the way to take back. We stayed Saturday night out there....

Sunday, we got up and ready for church. After our normal 11:30am service, Liz and I started volunteering to serve in the kids area for the 1pm service. Liz was with the babies and I was with 4 year olds. The mom/daughter combo I helped out told me that I helped them on the best/worst day (depending on whose view it is, haha!) because there were 16 kids (they usually have about 10 they said) and the "not usual" ones weren't exactly sure how to behave. Next week, Liz and I will be working together with 5 year olds (I think it was), which means we will be working in Addy's class. After church, we all went and ate at Sante Fe...then the real fun kicked in. I went up to a truck stop to help Liz's dad, Jody, and her brother, Chance, do some carpentry work. I don't ever mind helping out Jody do that kind of work...it is good experience, but it is definitely hard labor. Honestly, I wish I could go with Jody every Saturday (while Liz works the weddings) and do some work on the side to make some extra money. Anyway, this truck stop was getting a new huge air conditioner installed. Here is what all we did. A new load-baring wall had to be installed, then some "above the ceiling" work. A beam had to be cut, install some 2 x 6's and some ply-wood....basically we made a square opening for the new unit in the ceiling. Also, for the load baring wall that was built, we had to sheet rock that before we left. It wasn't too bad, when all was said and done. I got home about 10pm...I missed out on dinner, but I wasn't too hungry anyway (until about 11 or so while laying in bed). I got home, took a shower, cleaned the kitchen, made the bed, then got in bed. That was pretty much my weekend...good times!

No comments: