Thursday, April 05, 2007

Mule or a Horse?

I was reading my friend's, Doug Gregg, blog and came across this. Doug is the Associate Pastor and Youth Pastor at Concord Missionary Baptist Church in Norman. Concord is a church that I had attended for 6 or 7 years, and Doug is a very dear friend of mine. I feel I can talk with him about anything in life, and he is always happy to listen and counsel. Anyway, to the message...I won't bore you about that Doug guy:

Did you know the Bible tells us not to act like a mule or a horse? It's true. Take at look at Psalm 32:9.

I took a few minutes and wrote down some characteristics of each animal.

Mule - Stubborn
A mule is stubborn. It is known for lagging behind. Having to be prodded and pushed.How are we like a mule?We can be unresponsive to God. We can make a decision to be stubborn and not follow God's direction or take instruction from His Word. In our rebellion, we make a decision not to move.

Horse - Impulsive
A horse can be skittish. It may take off running before it even knows why.How are we like a horse?We can get too busy to respond to God. We can run ahead and never have time for God with all our responsibilities - job, family, recreation. We run off do something, anything to keep from being still and listening to God.

I love how the Bible gets down to the fact of the matter. It just says it as it is - Don't act like a mule or a horse.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great EEEEEE-AAAAAWWWW post!

Okie Food Traveler said...

nice! Now can you spell out the sound that a horse makes? I think you are more like me...I'm not so sure that you are slow because of being stubborn, it is more of we suffer from fatmanitis. haha!

Doug said...

You better watch that Doug guy. Great to see you blogging.

Okie Food Traveler said...

no kidding...he could be lurking around waiting to pounce. Bro Mike used talk about a lion on the loose and be ready...I think we should be more concerned with that Doug.