Wednesday, April 11, 2007

On the road again...

I got up about 7am this morning, that is considered sleeping in for me on the weekdays. I was going straight to Porter Schools. Porter is about 10 miles northwest of Muskogee, and it is a 2.5 hour drive (and another 2.5 back home). I left the house at 7:30am and got there at 10am. About 12:15pm, another co-worker showed up which was on his way to Wagoner. He was taking a part up there to yet another two USI employees. Wagoner is only about 10-12 miles away from Porter, so I joined him in taking the part to the other guys before we all went to lunch together.

Speaking of lunch, there were 4 of us USI guys and the tech at Wagoner all going to lunch. We went to this bbq place up there in Wagoner, and it was very good. Not only did we go to lunch, it was on the sales department! I had what was called a Runtwich. It had brisket, bologna, pork tenderloin, and hot link all on texas toast....very good! They had really good onion rings, too!

After lunch, I headed back to Porter to finish up. I finally think I got it fixed about 3pm. I checked out at the Admin office and hit the road. I made it home about 5:30pm. After I got home, a few of the daycare kids were just leaving. After all the kids left, I went to Walmart to get a few key items, then I went to get us dinner (Quizno's) to take home.

Not long after dinner, mom-in-law (Ann) brought A home (she spent last night there) and she brought a visitor for the night...E (A's 4 year old cousin) is spending the night with us. After mom left, I took the flowers outside (we brought some flowers in during the cold weather) and watered them...then not long after that, I gave the puppy a bath.

Finally, it is 10:30pm and I am exhausted. Life as a married man and parent (even better, step-parent...I am still trying to figure out what to always do) is very, very hectic. I just don't think single friends and even some married one's with no kids really understand what it is like...I mean, I never did fully realize until diving in head first. I am not complaining! I love my life, and I am looking forward to the future!

Well, it sounds like tomorrow I will be back in town for work. I'm look forward to a less hectic day, but I love being on the road (more mileage = more $$$ come expense check time).

No comments: