Sunday, April 01, 2007

Laid Back Weekend

Well, this weekend is coming to an end. We had a pretty decent weekend, but we didn't really do much at all.

Friday night, Liz and I had a daycare kid (and their puppy) here until about 10:15 or 10:30 at night. We did a little babysitting and pretty much lounged around the house. A stayed both Friday and Saturday night with Liz's mom.

Saturday, we got up and went to eat at Shorty Small's in OKC. It was pretty good. I was undecided between a couple of items and the waiter said if I were to get a chicken fried steak, would I get the small or large....well, I am a lover of food and of course said large. He said definitely go with that. When it came out, WOW!!!! That chicken fried steak was as large as my waist....that is saying something, too! It was pretty good, too. After that, we went to the fair grounds to see what items we had sold in consignment...while we were there, we got some clothes for K's birthday. After we left there, we went out to my parent's house to see K and give her clothes to her. I talked to my mom and K a day or two before and told them we would be there around 6 or 6:30. Well, Liz and I showed up at 5pm and they weren't there. We called and they had gone to Perfect Swing...so Liz and I killed some time waiting on them to get there. I came to a conclusion (I had a pretty good idea ahead of time) that there is just nothing to do in Blanchard! They finally showed, and we had dinner, played games, visited, and K loved her new clothes.

Saturday night, Liz and I couldn't get to sleep and we wound up staying up until around 4am (or a little after, actually). We had to get up and meet Liz's mom at LifeChurch. Luckily, Liz's mom was running behind and we didn't go until the 1pm service. Liz and I went to eat at Furr's at noon before church. After church, Liz and I both had upset stomachs...we went home, took medicine, and layed around for awhile. A and I played for a couple more hours. Then, we went out to eat at Tarahomara's (mexican in Norman...so good!). Now, we will unwind for the rest of the evening....then it is back to work tomorrow. Hope everyone else had a good weekend!

No comments: